Bone Marrow Aspiration (BMA) Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapy Injections
Offered to patients in Louisville KY, Clark County Indiana and Kentuckiana.
EXPERIENCE LIFE WITHOUT PAIN™
Here at Kentuckiana Integrative Medicine of Jeffersonville, our physicians and medical practitioners offer a medical breakthrough treatment known as Umbilical Cord Wharton’s Jelly Mesenchymal Stem Cell Injection Therapy to patients in the Louisville, KY – Kentuckiana area.
We are one of the most experienced Umbilical Cord Wharton’s Jelly Mesenchymal Stem Cell Injection Therapy team in the Kentuckiana area. Our treatment approaches are evidence based on sound research which demonstrates clear benefits in variety of clinical situations. The treatment is individualized and tailored specifically based on each patient’s unique clinical condition. We use BMA – Bone Marrow Aspirate MSCs Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Umbilical Cord Wharton’s Jelly Mesenchymal Stem Cell Injection Therapy provided by FDA approved 361 Manufactures that have approved Umbilical Cord and or Amniotic products.
We have performed more stem cell harvesting from via Bone Marrow Aspiration, Adipose “fatty tissue” Aspiration of Mesenchymal Stem cells and Stem cell procedures and other forms of regenerative medicine than the majority of clinics in the USA. Our clinicians are Board Certified with advanced training and skill.
Conditions that have been effectively treated or improved with Umbilical Cord Wharton’s Jelly Mesenchymal Stem Cell Injection Therapy include but are not limited to the list below. NOTE: We DO NOT necessarily treat ALL listed conditions; however, extensive compelling research and clinical experience suggests benefit in all listed areas.
- Athletic Injuries
- Torn Ligaments
- Hip, Shoulder & Knee Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Hair Loss
- Chronic Joint Pain [Neck, Shoulder, Wrist, Hand, Hip, Knee, Foot]
- Non-Healing Fractures,
- Non Healing Wounds & Ulcers
- Autoimmune diseases
- Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Lupus
- Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke, Parkinson’s
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Heart Disease, PAD-Peripheral Artery Disease [Also called Critical Limb Ischemia]
- COPD, Asthma, Diabetes Type 1 And Type 2
- Dental Procedures, Anti-Aging, Dermatologic Skin Conditions, Cosmetic/Aesthetic therapies, Hair Restoration
- And many more!
Louisville Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stem Cell Treatment at Kentuckiana Integrative Medicine
MESENCHYMAL STEM CELLS (MSCs) EXPLAINED
Umbilical Cord Wharton’s Jelly Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapy (MSC) is one of the newest and most advanced therapies in Regenerative and Integrative Medicine for a variety of medical problems that are not easily treated with traditional conventional allopathic medical approaches. There is an abundance of clinical experience by numerous physicians, patients and researchers proving consistently that Umbilical Cord Wharton’s Jelly mesenchymal stem cell-MSC therapy can be extremely helpful in a wide variety of medical conditions that are difficult to treat, such as stem cell therapy for knees, shoulder injuries and hip conditions.
Clearly not all conditions and or patients will be helped with Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapies. However, the reported scientific evidence of effective results from patients, physicians and researchers in a variety of medical conditions is impressive. No other medical therapies in recent medical history have offered as much hope and concrete results of patient improvement.
Kentuckiana Integrative Medicine is a National Leader of Umbilical Cord Wharton’s Jelly Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapies, Platelet Rich Plasma Injections and Regenerative Medicine.
At Kentuckiana Integrative Medicine, we offer a variety of Umbilical Cord Wharton’s Jelly mesenchymal stem cell-MSC therapies.
While many of the discussed medical conditions are NOT treated at Kentuckiana Integrative Medicine, we are leaders in the field of Regenerative Medicine through the use of BMA – Bone Marrow derived mesenchymal stem cells – MSCs as well as Wharton’ Jelly Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stem cell Tissues-MSCs.
Very few others have performed as many treatments/procedures as we have. We tailor the therapy based upon your specific condition, needs and preferences.
While we are experts at harvesting MSCs from a patient’s body, we prefer to use Umbilical cord Wharton’s Jelly Tissue MSC products from healthy newborn babies because these tissues have much larger quantities of more powerful, “immune privileged” non-rejectable newborn mesenchymal stem cells-MSC and growth factors.
Immune Privileged means that these newborn umbilical cord MSCs will not be rejected by the patient receiving them.
Unlike other stem cells that are derived from fat tissue or bone marrow, Kentuckiana Integrative Medicine offers mostly joint injections using wharton’s jelly mesenchymal stem cells from umbilical cord tissue of live healthy births. The use of umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells is easier for patients and some sources believe are more effective. However, which MSCs – Mesenchymal Stem Cells are more effective remains a frequently debated topic among researchers and clinicians providing patient care.
For patients who prefer the use of their own stem cells, we are happy to accommodate your preference and harvest from BONE MARROW with our nearly painless or PAINLESS proprietary techniques.
The live newborn Umbilical Cord Wharton’s Jelly stem cells cannot be rejected and are by far more powerful and abundant than the stem cells collected from a “tired” 35 to 85 year old person’s bone marrow or fat.
The newborn mesenchymal stem cells are NOT yet tired since they just arrived!!!! In complex cases, we frequently use ultrasound guidance or X-ray fluoroscopic guidance for precise delivery of the mesenchymal stem cells to the injured tissue.
- Unlike stem cells collected from bone marrow and or fat tissues, our procedures are safe, efficient and nearly painless.
- When receiving a stem cell procedure with bone marrow or fat cell aspiration/collection of stem cells, one must accept that they will experience mild pain of drawing out the stem cells from the bone marrow and or belly fat tissue and set aside around 2-3 hours to receive their treatment.
- Our Umbilical Cord Wharton’s Jelly mesenchymal stem cell therapies are much less time consuming and there is NO PAIN or MILD PAIN with our cell HARVESTING TECHNIQUES from fat or bone marrow.
- Most of our patients prefer umbilical cord tissue mesenchymal stem cells from the live births of healthy babies. These products are considered to be blood or tissue products and are tested for infectious agents as thoroughly or more thoroughly than blood products. We consider Wharton’s Jelly Umbilical Cord derived products to generally be even safer than blood products because the companies involved have a vested interest in using only very young healthy mothers that are thoroughly screened.
- THESE PRODUCTS ARE NOT FROM EMBRYONIC OR ABORTED TISSUES AS THIS IS ILLEGAL and FROM OUR VIEW UNETHICAL AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS.
- China and some Eastern European Clinics have been known to use embryonic stem cells which have an approximate 4% chance of causing a TERATOMA TUMOR which can have devastating consequences to the patient.
- Infections with Regenerative Medicine Injections are extremely rare, but possible if the company producing the injectable has had contamination. This is a an extremely rare risk that must be accepted by the patient. In our clinic, practicing for over 25 years we have NOT had a single infection caused by the use of regenerative medicine injections. This statistic is likely the result that all regenerative products have not only regenerative healing potential but also anti-infection qualities. In addition, all of of our patients receiving regenerative medicine also receive complimentary Prolotherapy-Prolozone which have powerful anti-infection and regenerative properties according to numerous academic sources. We pride ourselves on making your experience as safe and comfortable as possible. We clean your skin with BOTH Peroxide and Hibiclens “Surgical Soap” dramatically reducing the risk of infection.
- Your procedure will be performed efficiently, is nearly painless and extremely effective in most instances. In other words, we are successful more often than not and with the majority of our patient outcomes. However, beneficial results are NOT guaranteed.
What Are Stem Cells?
Stem cells are undifferentiated cells that can transform into specialized cells such as heart, neurons, liver, lung, skin and so on and can also divide to produce more stem cells. In a child or young adult, these stem cells are in large supply, acting as a built-in repair system. They are often summoned to the site of damage or inflammation to repair and restore normal function.
But as we age, our supply of stem cells begins to diminish as much as 100- to 10,000-fold in different tissues and organs. In addition, stem cells undergo genetic mutations, which reduce their quality and effectiveness at renovating and repairing your body.
- A useful analogy is to imagine your stem cells as a team of repairmen in your newly constructed mansion. When the mansion is new and the repairmen are young, they can fix everything perfectly. But as the repairman age and reduce in number, your mansion eventually goes into disrepair and eventually crumbles.
- But what if you could restore and rejuvenate your stem cell population?
- One option is to extract and concentrate your own autologous adult stem cells from places like your adipose (or fat) tissue or bone marrow. But these stem cells are fewer in number and may have undergone mutations from their original ‘software code.’
- Many scientists and physicians now prefer an alternative source, obtaining stem cells from the placenta or umbilical cord wharton’s jelly, from live healthy births.
These mesenchymal stem cells, available in large supply and expressing the undamaged software of a newborn, can be injected into joints to rejuvenate and revitalize.
- One can think of these stem cells as chemical factories generating vital growth factors that can help to reduce inflammation, fight autoimmune disease, increase muscle mass, repair joints, and even revitalize skin and grow hair.
How does Umbilical Cord Wharton’s Jelly Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapy Work?
Stem cells are cells that have the ability to divide and develop into many different cell types in the body during early life and growth. Stem cells may also help repair the body by dividing to replenish cells that are damaged by disease, injury, or normal wear and by recruitment of your own bodies “repairmen” stem cells.
When a stem cell divides, each new cell has the potential either to remain a stem cell or to become any other type of cell with a more specialized function, such as a nerve cell, a skin cell, or a red blood cell. According to Dr. Neil Riordan a stem cell expert, MSCs – Mesenchymal Stem Cells are also Master Medicinal Signaling Cells that release messenger compounds which stimulate other cells to begin the healing and regeneration process. They also have immune-modulation properties which allow them to reduce inflammation and or pain which is a part of most every chronic disease.
- Several types of stem cells have been identified:
- adult stem cells from bone marrow, fat and blood
- human embryonic stem cells [controversial due to ethical issues and also have the rare potential of causing a teratoma tumor. ] The other stem cell types do not seem to carry a risk of tumor formation.
- induced pluripotent stem cells
- umbilical cord tissue stem cells [MSCs seem to be the preferred type since they are more powerful, abundant and easier to collect]
- These types of stem cells share properties:
- They are capable of surviving over long periods and divide to make additional stem cells.
- They are unspecialized (“blank slates” that can become specific types of cells).
- They can develop into specialized cell types (cells that do specific work in the body).
- Adult stem cells can be found throughout the body. They are found as unspecialized cells among the specialized cells in tissues and organs as well as in umbilical cord tissue mesenchymal stem cells, umbilical cord blood and peripheral blood (that is, hematopoietic stem cells). An adult stem cell can either divide to make more adult stem cells, or differentiate to produce some or all of the major specialized cell types of the tissue or organ.
- Human embryonic stem cells (hESC) come from embryos that develop from eggs that have been fertilized in vitro (in a test tube or another artificial environment). Embryonic stem cells can develop into any specialized cell type in the body.
- Induced pluripotent stem cells (iPS) are generated by reprogramming adult cells that have already differentiated into a specific cell, such as a skin cell. After reprogramming, (iPS) cells are able to develop into any specialized cell type in the body.
- Mesenchymal Umbilical Cord Stem Cells- MSCs are collected form umbilical cord tissue and remain the most powerful and abundant stem cell source available
Stem cells, like other medical products that are intended to treat, cure or prevent disease, generally require FDA approval before they can be marketed.
Amniotic, Placenta, Umbilical, Adipose and Bone Marrow derived MSCs and or growth factors can help people suffering with a variety of conditions.
- Non- Healing Wounds
- Non-Healing Fractures
- Rotator Cuff Injury
- Tendon Tears
- Degenerated Joints
- Tendinitis and Tendinosis
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Hip Pain
- Joint Pain
- Bursitis and Synovitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Meniscus Damage
- Knee Injuries
- Nerve Injury
- Cartilage Damage
- Muscle, Tendon, Ligament Tears
- Plantar Fasciitis
Kentuckiana Integrative Medicine is a National Leader of Umbilical Cord Wharton’s Jelly Stem Cell Therapies, Platelet Rich Plasma Injections and Regenerative Medicine
Are Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapies Safe?
Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapy is extremely safe and effective. The injections/therapies have been used more than 60,000 times in the United States with no reported adverse side effects and with a 100% safety record in Europe with more than 100,000 patients treated. The FDA has approved only cord blood-derived hematopoietic progenitor cells (blood forming stem cells) for certain indications. The FDA has NOT approved any other stem cell-based or regenerative products for use, despite an overwhelming amount of clinical evidence of benefit. The FDA has approved some skin grafting mesenchymal stem cell products used for non-healing wounds.
All of our products are processed from donated human tissue from full term deliveries in accordance with FDA guidelines and DO NOT contain any fetal or embryonic tissue. All products are regulated as a human cell, tissue, or cellular or tissue-based product (HCT/P) under 21 CFR Part 1271 and Section 361 of the Public Health Service Act. While the FDA has not approved use of Mesenchymal Stem Cells, currently physicians and patients are permitted the use Mesenchymal Stem Cells if they both conclude that the benefits outweigh the risks and the products are sourced from 361 manufactures using Umbilical Cord Wharton’s Jelly that have been inspected – cleared by FDA and Mesenchymal Stem Cells collected from Bone Marrow Aspiration.
What’s in Umbilical Cord Stem Cell Therapies?
There are 5 components that are delivered by the Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapy injections – Mesenchymal Stem Cells – MSCs, Scaffold Components, Growth Factors, MMP Inhibitors, and Anti-Inflammatories.
- *Results may vary due to a variety of factors including but not limited to age, patient health, diabetes etc.
- The Scaffold Components of Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapies are the framework that holds the cells together and maintains the contour of the tissue. Collagen, Hyaluronan, Fibronectin and Laminins make up this element of the treatment, and are the “glue” of this non-invasive treatment option.
- Growth Factors are proteins naturally found in the body that promote the growth of cells and tissues. Umbilical Cord Stem Cell Therapies have a multitude of growth factors producing cells such as Fibroblast, Epidermal and Keratinocyte to name a few.
- MMP Inhibitors have the ability to break down connective tissue in metabolic bone disease and inflammatory conditions. In a wide range of cell types, these inhibitors are able to promote cell proliferation, and may also be able to stop cell death (apoptosis).
- Anti-inflammatories reduce swelling and inflammation to alleviate pain and discomfort. Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapies use Interleukins anti-inflammatories that start up the production of the interferon, an agent that has an effect on the cell cycle and antibody production.
How Do Umbilical Cord Wharton’s Jelly Mesenchymal Stem Cells-MSCs work?
Mesenchymal Stem Cells are found in people of all ages. They remain dormant in your body until they receive signals that the body has suffered an injury and then they will locate the injured body area(s).
Acting as master cells, stem cells have the ability to form into any type of cell in our body and are responsible along with many other cells and growth factors to recruit other MSCs and to heal injured ligaments, tendons, joints, tissues, organs and bones etc.
- Depending on the different tissues that are damaged, mesenchymal stem cells have the potential capacity to develop into whatever tissue is injured in the body which often is a combination of tissues including cartilage, ligament, tendon, bone or muscle. A person can literally grow new joint tissue, be pain free and physically active again.
- Unfortunately, after a traumatic injury or as a result of natural aging, the number of available stem cells in the body is very decreased and there are frequently not enough stem cells to repair the injured tissues.
- Umbilical Cord Wharton’s Jelly Tissue Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapy may solve the problem of decreased stem cells and impaired healing capacity by delivering an extremely high concentration of mesenchymal stem cells into the injured areas of the body with the possibility of promoting natural healing, renewal, regrowth and regeneration.
How long do these procedures take?
Is there any downtime?
The Umbilical Cord Wharton’s Jelly Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapy Injection procedures are injections typically requiring 15-60 minutes depending on the complexity of the situation. Often they are done under Ultrasound Guidance. The mesenchymal stem cell therapy injection is performed in our office and provides improved function and pain relief without the risks of surgery, general anesthesia, hospital stays or prolonged recovery. The recovery time after our therapies varies from none to a few days depending on the therapy received. Healing begins soon after the therapy, but improvement of symptoms may take 1-3 months again depending on the medical condition.
Mesenchymal Stem Cell Success Stories
Below are clinical scenarios and our very own patients that demonstrate the incredible research and clinical implications for mesenchymal stem cell therapies on patients. The future is very promising today when it comes to mesenchymal stem cell therapy.
- Stem Cells Able to Grow New Human Eyes: Biologists led by Kohji Nishida at Osaka University in Japan have discovered a new way to nurture and grow the tissues that make up the human eyeball. The scientists are able to grow retinas, corneas, the eye’s lens, and more using only a small sample of adult skin.
- Stem Cell Injections Help Stroke Victims Walk Again: In a study out of Stanford, of 18 stroke victims who agreed to stem cells treatments, seven of them showed remarkable motor function improvements. This treatment could work for other neurodegenerative conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s and Lou Gehrig’s Disease.
- Stem Cells Help Paralyzed Victim Gain Use of Arms: Physicians from the USC Neuro-restoration Center and Keck Medicine of USC injected stem cells into the damaged cervical spine of a recently paralyzed 21-year-old man. Three months later, he showed dramatic improvement in sensation and movement of both arms.
Jim Dearing of Louisville, Ky., one of the first men in the world to receive heart stem cells, might have helped start a medical revolution that could lead to a cure for heart failure. Three years after getting the experimental stem cell procedure, following two heart attacks and heart failure, Jim Dearing’s heart is working normally. The difference is clear and dramatic — and it’s lasting, according to findings now being made public for the first time.
Mr. Dearing first showed “completely normal heart function” on an echocardiogram done in 2011, says Roberto Bolli, MD, who is leading the stem cell trial at the University of Louisville. Those results have not been published before. That was still true in July 2012, when Dearing again showed normal heart function on another echocardiogram. Based on those tests, Dr. Bolli says, “Anyone who looks at his heart now would not imagine that this patient was in heart failure, that he had a heart attack, that he was in the hospital, that he had surgery, and everything else.”
It’s not just Dearing who has benefited. His friend, Mike Jones, who had even more severe heart damage, also got the stem cell procedure in 2009. Since then, scarred regions of his heart have shrunk. His heart now appears leaner and stronger than it was before. “What’s striking and exciting is that we’re seeing what appears to be a long-lasting improvement in function,” Bolli says. If larger studies confirm the findings, potentially, we have a cure for heart failure because we have something that for the first time can actually regenerate dead tissue.
Future of Stem Cell Therapeutics
Over the last decade, the number of publications per year on stem cell-related research has increased 40x. The stem cell market is expected to reach $170 billion by 2020. Rising R&D initiatives to develop therapeutic options for chronic diseases and growing demand for a regenerative treatment option are the most significant drivers of this budding industry.
Here are some areas of frequent interest.
- Clinical applications of MSCs: Mesenchymal stem cells, the major stem cells for cell therapy, have been used in many clinics for approximately 10 years. Currently, 344 registered clinical trials in different clinical trial phases are aimed at evaluating the potential of MSC-based cell therapy worldwide. From animal models to clinical trials, MSCs have afforded promise in the treatment of numerous diseases. The ability of MSCs to differentiate into osteoblasts, tenocytes and chondrocytes has attracted interest for their use in orthopedic settings. First, MSCs have been shown to be beneficial in treating bone disorders, such as osteogenesis imperfecta (OI) and hypophosphatasia. Other promising therapeutic avenues for MSCs include the treatment of Osteoarthritis, Tendon tears, autoimmune disease [Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Crohns disease, Ulcerative Colitis], COPD, Multiple Sclerosis, Cardiovascular disease, Stroke, Brain Injury, Paralysis, Liver disease and Cancer.
Stem Cell Revolution – We are at the cusp of a stem cell revolution. Understanding and harnessing these unique cells may unlock breakthroughs in longevity and therapeutic solutions to all kinds of chronic diseases and regenerative opportunities.
As humans, we’ve just come to accept the notion that we are going to die. However, the keys to our longevity and health may lie in our source code.
In the next two decades, mesenchymal stem cells are going to change medicine forever, extend life, and potentially save lives. We truly live during the most exciting time ever in human history.
Heart Disease: https://stemcells.nih.gov/info/Regenerative_Medicine/2006Chapter6.htm
Heart Disease: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23117550
Parkinson’s Disease: http://www.translationalres.com/article/S1931-5244(09)00220-5/abstract
The components that make up umbilical cord Stem Cell Therapies have been found to have little or no immune response, which reduces the risk of rejection, and are reported to be non-immunogenic, regulate inflammation, anti-microbial, prevent fibrosis, and provide support for correct tissue reconstruction. Some patients experience a huge reduction in pain within 1-6 weeks of the injection.
To Learn More About umbilical cord Stem Cell Therapies, and to Find Out if You’re a Candidate for the Cutting Edge Treatment, Fill Out the Form Below!