5 WAYS TO OVERCOME STRESS AND ANXIETY
Almost everyone will tell you that, at times life can be very stressful. Research and personal experience from most people have clearly demonstrated that depression and anxiety are closely tied to the level of stress that we are exposed to. There are many effective ways to reduce our stress in order to overcome feelings of depression and anxiety.
- Meditation is one of the best ways. There are many free meditations available on YouTube which are very helpful. Social support is another fundamental strategy to combat stress.
- Confide in a trusted friend. Sharing your worries, concerns, and/or feelings with another trustworthy person is often helpful in relieving stress. However, excessive sharing can aggravate stressful conditions. Think of it as “picking a scab over and over again,” and not letting the situation calm down and heal itself.
- Smiling and laughter have scientifically been proven to relieve tension and improve our mental health challenges situations. Laughter and smiling actually relax tense muscles in our faces and help the brain release helpful neurotransmitters that improve our ability to deal with stressful situations, anxiety, and depression.
- Exercise. Even a 15-minute walk has been shown to help people experience significant relief from anxiety and depression symptoms. Looking at a tree, feeling a breeze on your face, and sun exposure to the eye’s retina stimulate the release of neurotransmitters and endorphins which help elevate our mood.
- Take a break. Finally, remember to take a break from your stressful thinking. Even a 20-minute walk in the park is extremely helpful.
When the symptoms of depression, anxiety, PTSD, OCD, and pain become overwhelming. It’s time to see a physician or nurse practitioner.
A Team That Cares
Our clinic has been able to help with all the above situations using IV ketamine therapy. Please investigate this revolutionary therapy that resets the brain and nervous system. Ketamine therapy is the quickest, most accessible therapy to obtain relief from
- Bipolar Disorder
- Reactive Depression [From Death Or Divorce]
- Postpartum Depression
We are one of the most experienced clinics in Kentuckiana [offering Ketamine therapy for 10+ years] and the only one treating teenagers and military Veterans. Veterans are treated at no charge when referred by their VA medical team.
“Best thing I ever did was Ketamine therapy from Dr. Cruz. It was like throwing a light switch. I got my life back.”
Keith Perkins from Clarksville, Indiana
“I tried ketamine to treat my depression. Within a day, I felt relief.”
Alice Levitt Medical Writer and Editor
If you or a loved one is struggling with any of the above situations, please see your doctor, or nurse practitioner, or consider contacting our clinic Kentuckiana Integrative Medicine Kentuckiana Ketamine Institute.
Our Medical Director, Dr. Rafael F. Cruz MD is a medical writer, researcher, and physician educator who has practiced medicine for over 30 years and has helped countless patients with numerous complex health challenges.