Can You Recognize the Signs of Depression?
Signs of Depression
Many depressions can be overcome with a short course of antidepressants, certain specific vitamins and supplements, social support, and exercise. Nevertheless, there are some situations in which depression is extremely serious, and it generally will not go away on its own.
What are the signs of depression that we should look for:
- Suicidal thoughts, thoughts of death, or suicidal attempts
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt
- Feelings of hopelessness and/or pessimism
- Loss of interest in activities that you used to enjoy
- Restlessness or having trouble sitting still
- Fatigue or decreased energy
- Difficulty with concentrating
- Difficulty with sleeping or oversleeping
- Appetite and/or weight changes
- Aches and pains that cannot be explained by a clear medical cause
If you have any of the above signs and symptoms for two weeks or longer you should consult a physician or nurse practitioner or contact our clinic.
Risk Factors for depression include:
- Family history of depression
- Major life, changes, stress, and trauma
- Specific medical illnesses, and or medications
Our clinic has been able to help with all the above situations using IV ketamine therapy. Please investigate this revolutionary therapy that resets the brain and nervous system. Ketamine therapy is the quickest, most accessible therapy to obtain relief from Pain, Depression, Anxiety, PTSD, OCD, ADD, Addictions, Headaches, MS, and Fibromyalgia. We are one of the most experienced clinics in Kentuckiana [offering Ketamine therapy for 10+ years] and the only one treating teenagers and military Veterans. Veterans are treated at no charge when referred by their VA medical team.
“Best thing I ever did was Ketamine therapy from Dr. Cruz. It was like throwing a light switch. I got my life back.”
Keith Perkins from Clarksville, Indiana
“I tried ketamine to treat my depression. Within a day, I felt relief.”
Alice Levitt Medical Writer and Editor
Our Medical Director, Dr. Rafael F. Cruz MD is a medical writer, researcher, and physician educator who has practiced medicine for over 30 years and has helped countless patients with numerous complex health challenges.